Prior to start my Ph.D, I received my Master degree in Distributed Computing from the University of Melbourne in 2014, and my Bachelor of Engineering degree from Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China, in 2012.
I work in the area of data mining and machine learning, and my recent reserch focuses on tensor factorization approaches for big data.
- Shuo Zhou, Sarah Erfani, and James
SCED: a general framework for sparse tensor decompositions with constraints and elementwise dynamic learning.
To appear in proceedings of 17th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM), New Orleans, USA, 2017.
(regular paper acceptance rate 72/778=9%) [PDF]
- Xingjun Ma, James Bailey, Shuo Zhou, Sudanthi Wijewickrema, Zakaria Mhammedi, Yun Zhou, and Stephen O'Leary. Extracting real-time feedback with neural networks for simulation-based learning. To appear in Proceedings of the 26th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI) , Melbourne, AU, 2017.
- Xingjun Ma, Sudanthi Wijewickrema, Yun Zhou, Shuo Zhou, Stephen O'Leary and James Bailey. Providing Effective Real-time Feedback in Simulation-based Surgical Training. To appear in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention (MICCAI) , Quebec City, Canada, 2017.
- Shuo Zhou, Nguyen Xuan Vinh, James Bailey, Yunzhe Jia, and Davidson Ian. Accelerating online CP decompositions for higher order tensors. In proceedings of 22th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD), August 13-17, San Francisco, USA, 2016.
- Nguyen Xuan Vinh,
Shuo Zhou, Jeffrey Chan, and James Bailey.
high-order dependencies improve mutual information based feature
Pattern Recognition, 53:46 – 58, 2016.
- Hilary Davis, Jenny Waycott, and Shuo Zhou. Beyond youtube: Sharing personal digital stories on a community display. In Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Australian Special Interest Group for Computer Human Interaction, OzCHI '15, pages 579–587, New York, NY, USA, 2015. ACM.
Honors & Awards
- IBM PhD Fellowship, 2017
- KDD Student Travel Awards, 2016
- Melbourne International Research Scholarship, the University of Melbourne, 2015
- Melbourne International Fee Remission Scholarship, the University of Melbourne, 2015
- Dean’s Honours List, Melbourne School of Engineering, the University of Melbourne, 2014
- Dean’s Honours List, Melbourne School of Engineering, the University of Melbourne, 2013
- PC Member, IJCAI 2017
- Journal Reviewer, Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE)